Thursday, 17 June 2010
- Are you planning on having more children? If so, when?
- what is your favorite thing to cook?
I love to cook one dish meals and stir frys for simplicity.
- when Garrick is done with school will you go to being a full-time stay at home mom?
Not sure. Garrick says I can be a SAHM when he finishes residency in July 2011. I do have a good job and a license and certification I would like to keep up should I ever need to be the full time provider for my children if anything ever happen to Garrick. I need 1000 hours of practice and 150 continuing education hours every 5 years. We'll see what happens. I would love to be a SAHM, but it just doesn't make sense right now since I'm the breadwinner and when he is the breadwinner, I still would like to keep my license and certification active.
- what is your favorite thing about the town you live in?
EVERYTHING! I LOVE CHARLESTON! Love the beach--we're 20 minutes from Isle of Palms, Folly, Kiawah, & Edisto. 10 minutes from downtown Charleston. Just wish we also had mountains. haha! Love the water parks during the summer.
- Post a picture of how your garden is doing (and remind me to post mine).
Will do this in another post as I have taken multiple pictures of the garden on several occasions.
- Also, give us an update if you were able to jazz up your wardrobe, I recall you talking about this awhile back.
I was able to get a few summery tops from Banana Republic and LOFT. I still need to get some pants that fit though!
- Finally, if you got 24 hours with your hubby without work or kids interrupting, how would you like to spend it (the clean version :P)
I did a lot of thinking about this question. And I love doing outdoor things with Garrick. I was never an outdoor person until after college much to my family's and myself's surprise. He tends to push me physically and it surprises me what I can do when I put my mind to it. Like we never kayaked until our honeymoon, but we loved it.
Anyway, this is what I would do with 24 hours with my hubby without work or kids or having to clean or get caught up on chores:
Get up early, eat a good breakfast, and then take a ride to the upstate where the mountains are at. Take a hike. Eat lunch. Go kayaking. Get a hotel room, take a bubble bath or shower. Then get dressed up and go eat a nice restaurant with good reviews. Maybe get to see a live show if time allows for it. Then crash!!!!
This was fun. I love doing these question things.
EDIT: for some reason, the first two questions weren't showing up, so let me try it again:
- Are you planning on having more children? If so, when?
I had gotten all my answers typed, then safari unexpectedly shut down. Darn! Will do this again later as the baby is waking up.
But, I do have enough time for a tagged survey!
Five names you go by:
4. Ate Chill
Two of your favorite smells:
1. Freshly bathed baby
Three things you are wearing right now:
1. wedding rings
2. black lounge pants
3. purple under armour shirt
Two things you want very badly at the moment:
Neither of which we keep at our house. :(
Three people you hope will fill this out:
Two things you did last night:
1. Recovered from the water park yesterday
2. Barbecued some chicken
Two last things you cried over:
1. Garrick's unrelenting residency schedule and lack of time for us.
2. See number 1
Two things you ate today:
2. Turkey and cheese sandwich
Two people you last talked to on the phone:
1. my mom
2. Garrick's mom
Five favorite bands/songs:
2. Ben Folds Five
3. Sarah Maclaughlin
4. Josh Turner
Two things that you are proud of:
1. Giving birth twice!
2. Getting my masters and passing my certification exam the first time.
Two things that you are not proud of:
1. I am a worry-wart and it can be pretty limiting at times.
2. How I selfishly want to spend all the time I can with my husband (stole onesly's answer here, but it's true for me too).
Two things you are going to do tomorrow:
2. Love on my babies
Two longest car rides:
1. South Carolina to California
2. South Caroline to Buffalo, NY
Two favorite beverages:
1. Water with lemon
2. Sweet tea with lemon
Two of your favorite memories
1. Getting to see Isabel for the first time
2. Hearing Caroline cry right after giving birth--Isabel was not crying...
Three favorite vehicles you have owned:
1. 1995 Nissan Altima (my first car)
2. 2003 Lexus RX 300 (our current family car, which we will upgrade after residency)
3. 2008 Toyota Tundra (Garrick's truck--it's so spacious and roomy)
Three favorite concerts you have been to:
1. Jump, Little Children
2. Aerosmith--the first concert Garrick ever took me to
3. Transiberian Orchestra--Garrick and I have made this one somewhat of a holiday tradition when he is available.
Saturday, 12 June 2010
Haven't had much to blog about lately, but am missing it. So--I've done this before, but it's fun to keep doing it:
Ask me any number of questions you've been wondering! :)
Tuesday, 01 June 2010
Been struggling with:
1. My weight. I cannot break through the 155 mark. When I work, I eat out, so I bought an insulated lunch tote yesterday to bring my lunch in.
2. Exercise is non exsistant other than running after the kids. This is also related to number 1. I am jealous of mom's of small children, who work, and find time to work out. Where do they find all this time??? I feel like I'm constantly running around.
3. Trying to wake up in the morning before Isabel wakes up to get the chores done.
4. Getting Caroline to sleep in her crib.
5. Trying to get Caroline to sleep in 4 hour stretches at night. This is still not happening. She gets up once before midnight, then again around 2, and again around 5. This is why I am struggling with numbers 3 and 4.
6. I would love to have activities to do this summer with the kids: Children's Museum and Waterparks and Beach!!!!! But, see number 3, 4, 5. I would love to be at the waterpark now early before lunch then bring a lunch, eat a picnic, then bring them home for naps, but I'm still in my pajamas and Caroline is napping.
7. When the house is disorganized, I feel disorganized. See numbers 3, 4, and 5.
8. Garrick's erratic work schedule. It's hard to develop habits like him helping with certain things like bed time or cooking or even just sweeping or vacuuming when he's never home at the same time or isn't home during day light (don't need him vacuuming and waking up the kids and me at 3 AM!).
I am just not liking any of these above things and am at a loss as to what to do to change them (other than losing more sleep to exercise and get up early to do the chores. I don't go to bed until after the midnight feeding usually and then she's up again 2-3 more times before Isabel wakes me up).
Tuesday, 11 May 2010
CAROLINE: was 16 pounds, 1 ounce at her 4 month check up last week. She is staring rice cereal, but still gags on it, so I give her a break several times a week from eating it. She's getting enough nutrition from breast milk since she is gaining weight so well, but she does need the iron from rice cereal as the iron in my breast milk depletes at 4 months. And we need to start her on her multivitamin, but she doesn't really take bottles except on the days I work, so when I am home with her, it is a struggle to get her to take the multivitamin since she breast feeds. She is not rolling over yet, but she has good back and neck control, so we have put her in the jumperoo and she loves it. She still gets up once in the early morning between 3 and 5 for a feeding, but she goes down for bed at 10.
ISABEL: eats whatever we do now, but she is struggling to gain weight. She was 20 pounds even at her 18 month check up and when we took Caroline for her 4 month check, she was still 20 pounds at 19 months. Her waist is getting smaller, we had to go down to a size 2 diaper for her because the 3's were too big in the waist. So, she is currently in Caroline's diapers. She is saying more and more words: boys, milk, cup, bowl, more, sister, grandpa, momma, dada, outside, dog, bird, duck, geese, what you doing, i want to play, book, fish, doll, bye bye, bye guys... just the ones I can recall from the top of my head. The neighbor noticed she is always trying to figure out the way things work since yesterday she was watching them in their wagon and had to go check out the wheels when it was standing still even though she has a wagon, she never paid attention to it before. She loves Caroline and always wants to be around her. Yesterday when I was shopping one of the sales ladies took Caroline to hold her while I tried on stuff and I took Isabel with me in the fitting room. Well, Isabel starting crying horribly, and I had to show her where Caroline was and she quieted down. So she had to know where her sister went-they are not used to being separated at all!
Mother's Day: Was good. We spent the morning at the SC Aquarium since mom's got in free and both the kids were free, so only Garrick had to pay. We then grabbed some lunch on the way home and sat and listened to the baseball game, did some veggie gardening, then Garrick had to go to work, and I went to my mom's for a chicken parmesan dinner. Garrick gave me a card and some truffles that morning. And Wednesday before, I got some early Mother's Day flowers.... Garrick told the neighbors that it was the first time he gave me flowers since being married, and he's right. At least he's making more of an effort now. He said he forgets that our relationship needs maintenance after marriage, but he's working on it.